Teaching Careers in the Classroom
Our teachers are committed to bringing their subjects to life and bringing careers learning into our classrooms. Some of the methods we use include:
- Inviting external organisations in to support lessons
- Subject enhancement days
- Promoting transferable skills such as team working and communication skills
- Discussing career aspirations in class and what careers using a particular subject might be like
- Setting work in real life scenarios to expand students' familiarity with different jobs and careers
- Creating "Jobs using this subject" displays around school
- Identifying jobs and interviewing people about their jobs when on subject visits
To find out more about careers linked to school subjects, click here to visit the BBC Bitesize Careers page.
Click on the posters to see which careers some of your favourite subjects could lead to! To find out more, why not look some of the job titles up on the National Careers Service site? You'll find everything you'll need to know about thousands of jobs from how much money you could expect to earn, what qualifications you'll need and what the job actually involves doing on a day-to-day basis!